1. Flipd Terms and Conditions of Use
By using this product, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use, all
applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable
local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this
application. The materials contained in this are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
B. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily use Flipd for personal, non-commercial use only. This is the grant of
a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software relating to the product;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated
by Flipd at any time. Upon termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in
your possession relating to Flipd.
The use of Flipd is provided "as is". Flipd makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby
disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions
of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other
violation of rights. Further, Flipd does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy,
likely results, or reliability of the use of the product.
In no event shall Flipd or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages
for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use Flipd,
even if Flipd or a Flipd authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of
such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of
liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
E. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Flipd shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to its
conflict of law provisions.
understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information. The
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified
by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as
required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge
or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary
for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as
unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to users information about our policies and practices relating to the
management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that
the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- We may, from time to time, contact the user through his or her email in order to better service the user.
Users may, at any time, request to no longer receive emails by opting out.
- Personal information is never distributed or shared with a third party and may be collected for business operations
purposes, which include, but are not limited to, Flipd Inc.'s product improvements, debugging, and marketing.
- We may share aggregated and anonymized information with any third party at any time. This may include overall
usage statistics that have been collected across a sample group of users and the information will not be made personally
identifiable to any single user. Third parties may include, for instance, vendors, affiliates, or customers at their request.
- We may share any data that the user has transmitted through Flipd if required by law, if it is deemed necessary to comply
with a court of competent jurisdiction or other legal requirements of any government authority, if it would potentially
mitigate Flipd Inc.'s liability in an actual or potential lawsuit, or if it is deemed otherwise necessary to protect the rights of
Flipd Inc.'s property.
3. How to Opt-Out / Withdraw Consent
You can withdraw Your consent for the use of Your personal information at any time by requesting the deletion of Your Account or by providing written notice to us of that withdrawal. However, You acknowledge that information may be retained by Flipd for audit or archival purposes or as required by applicable federal, state and provincial laws. You can also review and update Your personal information yourself through the user features in Your account (see further Access to Your Personal Information).
If You are an Institution or Faculty and opted-in to receive marketing communications but at any time You do not wish to continue receive marketing communications, You may follow the “unsubscribe” instructions included within each e-mail communication or by selecting or deselecting (depending on the service) the appropriate option in Your Account settings. Please keep in mind that, even if You choose not to receive marketing communications, You cannot opt-out of receiving transactional or account communications related to services or products that You have requested (e.g. purchase confirmation e-mails and receipts) or important updates from us from time to time relating to the Flipd Services or updates to the legal terms that govern Your use of the Flipd Services.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
(last updated on September 20th, 2017)